Hey lovelies. Today I have a post which I hope will be helpful for those who are seeking for some really good films to watch. I’m sure I’m not the only one who loves watching films, but never quite knows what to watch. So here is my list of the lastest top 5 films I’ve watched and would definitely reccomand to you.
1. ZODIAC.Zodiac. Zodiac is a film directed by David Fincher, who is also the director of Gone Girl, Alien 3, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Fight Club amongs others. If this alone isn’t enough to want to make you watch it, Zodiac is the perfect thriller for anyone who is looking to get into that detective mode, though keeping in mind that the answer may not be as easy as it seems. I won’t say too much about it, only that it is centred around one man’s desire to kill, an another man’s wish to seek truth. Bet you want to watch it now, hey? FYI, it is it is a 2 and a half hours long movie, so be prepeared to stash up on your snacks and bavarages. Trust me, you won’t regret it!
2. The Visit. This was a a hell of a home-movie alright. The director, M.Night Shamalayan,who I lowekey now love, turns a girl’s home movie in an amazing horror/ thriller movie. Two siblings, boy and girl, are sent to meet their grandparents, but soon discover that their chances of going back home decrease day by day. I can’t lie, the film was mixed with horror and laughter for me so wasdefinetely a filmed I enjoyed watching. The camera is held for most of the movie in the hands of the girl, giving the viewer a feeling of actually being on the other side of the camera; great technique, which actually worked in this fim. Next time an elderly person comes up to ask you for help, or invetes you for tea, you might want to think twice before saying ‘yes’.
3. Prisoners. All my EMPIRE fans out there will definitely recognize good old Lucious Lyon aka, Dwight Walker, aka Terrence Howard. Each time I see an actor I recognize in a film from a tv series or a film I’ve watched, I get super exited, as the recognition an actor will be followed by me winnig a price or something. But to be honest, me and Andrea have actually lowekey started a competition, in which we see who can recognise the greates number of acotors from prisoners. But going back to the film…Remeber when Eminem sang: ‘Have you ever loved someone so much, you’d give an arm for? Not the expression, no, literally give an arm for?’. Well, Keller Dover is definitely willing to do more than just chop off someone elses’ arm in order to solve the mistery around his daughter Anna and her friend’s abduction. I wasn’t sure if I was going to make it to the end of the movie because of the macabre scenes, but the movie was soo intriguing I couldnt’ take my eyes off the screen. Also Jake Gyllenhall, who also starts in Zodiac, plays the role of the detective.
4. Chinatown. Any film with Jack Nicholson works for me really, and Chinatown, in fact, did not let me down. Also it is directed by Roman Polanski, director of the Nith Gate(also reccomand, although not too loved by critics), Rosemary’s baby and The Pianist. If you’re down for a detective story filled with murders, incests and corruption, mixed with Jack Nicholson’s unforgettable facial expressions, then Chinatown is the right film for you.
5. Collateral. Let me start by expressing the same shock that you are probably expressing now when thinking ‘and you’ve just watched this NOW?’. I’m just as shocked as you are, but I’m pretty sure there is someone out there who hasn’t watched Collateral yet, and hopefully they are reading this post. I’m
generally not a huge fan of Tom Cruise, but Collateral had me rethinking. Could be the work of director Michael Mann? Who knows. Whatever the reason behind Cruises’ performance, this film is a great thriller to watch if you also love actor Jamie Foxx and Jada Pinkett Smith, and are ready to be taken for a unforgettable taxi ride.
Hope you all enjoyed reading the latest top 5 movies I’ve watched. Let me know what you think about them.
Like and and comment if you like these kind of posts, and will have more coming.